Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
There may come a time when you want to make your bedroom look bigger. Good news! You have lots of options. Keep reading, to learn more about some of them.
- Paint with lighter colors. While deep or vibrant tones can make a room stand out, they also create the illusion of having even less space. Paint your walls white, cream or light blue and the room will automatically seem bigger and more inviting.
- When you’re picking out paint for the trim, use a color that’s similar to the main hue of your walls. For example, if you’re painting your walls a cream color, use beige paint for the trim. Having a nice contrast between the two makes the room seem to grow in size.
- Hang a few mirrors around the room. Even when the walls aren’t covered in them, reflective surfaces can make a room appear to have much more depth. If you get creative with the placement of bedroom mirrors, they become eye-catching pieces of decor that create an increased sense of space.
- Acquire pieces of furniture you can use in multiple ways. For example, pick a restored steamer trunk as a small bench or end table that can also be used for storage. The more your furniture does for for you, the less furniture you need to pack into the room.
- When you’re decorating the room, pay attention to the color of the items you want to put in it. When you group items of similar color together, you can easily create a look that is both visually pleasing and organized. Leaving a room cluttered is a guaranteed way to make it seem smaller than it actually is.
These are just a few great ways to make any bedroom look bigger. As you can see, it’s affordable and not overly difficult. Better yet, you don’t need to do everything at once. Making changes slowly reaps the same results.