Has your bedroom stayed the same for the last 20 years? Do you want to make it into a fun, cool bedroom, but without spending money on new furniture? We have some ideas for you to do just that – re-do your bedroom on a budget!
– Coat of paint. Nothing freshens up a room like a new coat of paint. Make it into a weekend project and involve your kids – you can do something together, and at the same time, create a whole new bedroom that you need.
We don’t recommend painting the bedroom walls into bright colors. Beige, peach, light and pastel blues and greens work best. Make sure that your new wall color coordinates with your furniture, as you are not buying new furniture.
– Organize your bedroom. Sometimes all a room needs is organization, to look completely different. Many bedrooms are full of kids toys, old clothes and even dishes, that should be in the kitchen.
Put those items away, and organize the rest of the room to make it look very different.
– Rearrange furniture. Sometimes the best way to decorate without a budget is to use the same furniture, but rearrange it, and add something else into the mix.
Walk around your house – you will find a chair in the basement, or an ottoman in the family room, that will look great in the bedroom. Use those to create a whole new bedroom – with your old furniture.
– New wall art. Add a splash of color to the room with some new wall art (or borrow some art from another room). Another idea is to frame some of your kids’ drawings, or draw something yourself.
– New bedding, pillows, bedspreads. It is amazing how much you can change a room by adding just one new item to it. Pick some new bedding or a chenille bedspread that you really wanted, and splurge on them! You will have a great looking bedroom in no time.
Remember, updating a room does not mean buying everything new for it. Use some (or all) of our ideas to completely re-do your bedroom. You will be glad you did.