Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
If you have recently worked on projects at home or at work with wet saw tile you may have had difficulty cleaning it or those newbies who used wet saw tile may have gotten stuck with all sorts of dirt on the device. You want to learn to clean it properly.
Before going into detail on how we can clean up the residue, let’s learn a little about a wet saw or a wet tile saw. It helps you cut tiles while keeping the edges of the tiles wet, which helps in reducing friction. The circular blades that the device has also not overheated. Also, the water helps the blades from turning dull with each cut. So, after you have used it for cutting tiles, there will be cement residue. Here you will get the answer to the question, how I can clean wet saw tile cutting.
In This Post:
Procedures: Step by Step
Before moving into the steps let’s learn about the things/ tools we may need.
- Dishwashing soap
- Scrub sponge (plastic)
- Soft cloths or rags
- Rubbing alcohol
- lubricating oil
- Rubber gloves (optional)
- Clean rags
- Car wax
Remove the Blade From the Device
- Turn of the wet saw unplugging the device from the electrical outlet.
- You now have to remove the guard which is covering the blade. This can be done by loosening the screws from the blade guard.
- In this step, you need to remove the nuts that are found in the front and back parts of the blade. Use a wrench here. Now remove the metal rings aka washers which are under the nuts.
- Take out the blades from the main wet saw device.
- Pull the blade off the wet saw.
Cleaning the Blade
- Take a wet sponge and use it to wipe the front and back parts of the blade. This way you can remove a good amount of debris. Do not force otherwise you may bend the blades accidentally. You may use dishwashing soap to clean the blades. Moreover, you can also use a rubber sponge.
- The cement that did not come off, you may scrape away using scrapers made from hard plastic.
- At this point use a soft cloth and drench it in rubbing alcohol. Then rub the blades with it. Only a white powder residue will remain.
- The white cement powder-like residue could easily be wiped with using a damp cloth.
- In this step, you may use car wax to polish the blade. Look through the instructions for drying time. Apply nicely and thinly on the metal blades.
- Now the remaining dry wax should be buffed from the blades. Again you can apply a second coat of wax on the metal blades and rebuff it.
- Insert the blades onto the device again. It is now ready to use.
Safety Precautions You May Take
Since you are working with blades you need to be careful while handling them.
Try using rubber gloves if possible.
Tips You May Consider
- You may apply car wax onto the metal blade on a monthly basis. This will help the blades from getting rust on the surface. Also, try lubricating the cutting teeth regularly.
- Keep the clean blades in a dry and cool area.
- Do not use a metal scraper to rub the scrapes out of the blades. It may create serious damage or scratches on your metal blades.
So here’s your answer to how I can clean wet saw tile cutting described bit by bit. Hopefully, the steps are easy for you to follow. And always remember to be cautious since the use of it requires technique, and you are dealing with sharp blades.